Employment Senior Electronics Engineer
Auxogyn, Inc. is a privately held company that is revolutionizing the field of reproductive medicine by translating scientific discoveries in early embryo development into effective clinical tools. The Company's flagship product, the Eeva™ Test, is designed to improve embryo selection by providing clinicians with objective information to more confidently select embryo(s) for transfer to help achieve better IVF outcomes. Eeva's proprietary software automatically analyses embryo development against scientifically and clinically validated cell-division parameters discovered by researchers at Stanford University, shown to be predictive of the embryo's developmental potential.
Eeva received CE mark in July 2012 and is currently available for use in the European Union. The Eeva Test is pending FDA clearance and is limited to investigational use only in the United States.
Auxogyn is privately held and funded by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Merck Serono Ventures, SR One and TPG Biotech.
Auxogyn seeks a talented, creative, Senior Electronics Engineer to join the Systems Engineering group. You will be happy deconstructing other peoples’ toys to see how they made them and applying that knowledge to our new products. You should be a self-starter who has worked in a regulated field for some time. Come join the fun and put your skills to use making other people happy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and development of the next generation hardware for live cell imaging.
- FPGA programing (Verilog or VHDL)
- Selection and Management of external vendors for PCB fabrication
- Optical design and selection of appropriate components, balancing performance and cost.
- Lead hardware /firmware efforts
- Investigations of field issues, as the need arises
- Management of schematics and firmware, etc.
- B.Eng. / B.Sc. in Engineering or Physics
- 5 years in development role.
- Altium or Orcad
- Regulated environment a big plus
- DFM and design for FDA
- Design for reuse
- Experience of simple free space optics
- Understanding of high power LED energy dissipation
- Light source homogenization strategies
- Structured light
- Tomographic imaging
- PCB fabrication and initial bring up
- Thermal profiling and testing
- Firmware development skills
- You have a curious and analytical mind that like solving hard problems, elegantly
- A visceral appreciation of the beauty of simple solutions, and a passion for new technology
- Great interpersonal skills and communication
- Understanding of the pressures of a startup environment and just getting things done.
Demonstrated Personal Characteristics
Candidate must be driven to deliver results with the ability to establish rapport, earn trust, and effectively collaborate with others. Essential attributes of the successful candidate is one who:
- Is Action Oriented:
- Motivated by results
- Full of energy when faced with challenges
- Able to make and implement tough decisions
- “Proactive” as opposed to “reactive”
- Deals with Ambiguity:
- Can be flexible and adaptable in a complex, changing environment
- Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Works Collaboratively:
- Practices attentive and active listening
- Has the patience to hear people out and to search for constructive input
- Exemplifies Interpersonal Savvy and Integrity:
- Relates well to all kinds of people—both inside and outside the company
- Builds constructive and effective relationships
- Uses diplomacy and tact
- Adheres to an appropriate set of core values and beliefs
- Always acts with uncompromising integrity
We offer a competitive compensation package including health insurance, stock options and a challenging work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.