Employment Inventory Specialist
Auxogyn, Inc. is a privately held company that is revolutionizing the field of reproductive medicine by translating scientific discoveries in early embryo development into effective clinical tools. The Company's flagship product, the Eeva™ Test, is designed to improve embryo selection by providing clinicians with objective information to more confidently select embryo(s) for transfer to help achieve better IVF outcomes. Eeva's proprietary software automatically analyses embryo development against scientifically and clinically validated cell-division parameters discovered by researchers at Stanford University, shown to be predictive of the embryo's developmental potential.
Eeva received CE mark in July 2012 and is currently available for use in the European Union. The Eeva Test is pending FDA clearance and is limited to investigational use only in the United States.
Auxogyn is privately held and funded by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Merck Serono Ventures, SR One and TPG Biotech.
Oversee and manage inventory, shipping/receiving, and facilities functions for the company and ensure that proper files and documentation are maintained.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with documentation sources such as purchase orders, invoices, requisitions, part specifications and packing lists.
- Enter information into Inventory Management database to maintain accurate incoming and outgoing records.
- Count inventory, equipment, Finished Goods, or supplies in stock and post totals to inventory records
- Verify and compare physical count of inventory and system records. Report errors to Purchasing and make adjustments in computation or count.
- Calculate records such as sales orders, production records, or purchase invoices to provide input to Purchasing in order to maintain correct inventory levels.
- Able to do proper materials kitting.
Shipping / Receiving
- Receive all incoming raw materials, supplies, equipment, verifying contents and quantity.
- Assess shipment conditions and report to purchasing if any damages observed.
- Accurately log all incoming controlled materials (i.e. assign lot numbers, prepare documentation for IQA, quarantine materials, etc.).
- Able to follow instructions for proper packaging and labeling of the outgoing shipments.
- Able to communicate with the logistics providers and complete shipping documentation such as waybills, packing lists, etc.
- Communicate with Property Management regarding facility maintenance
- Serves as primary point of contact for facility vendors and services (HVAC, Gas, General Contractor, Security, Office Equipment vendors, etc.)
- Participate in facility safety activities such as test drills, fire/safety audits, etc.
- Monitor and maintain high pressure Nitrogen and Carbon Dioxide gas systems for incubators
- Able to perform basic facility repair duties such as replacing light bulbs, etc.
- Coordinates office moves and new hire office set up; will also work with management in the planning/execution of office expansion/relocation as needed
- Work with IT on space related requirements
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Previous inventory management experience is required
- Must have above average attention to details.
- Understands and uses GDP principals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in a smaller medical device or biotech company.
Demonstrated Personal Characteristics
Candidate must be driven to deliver results with the ability to establish rapport, earn trust, and effectively collaborate with others. Essential attributes of the successful candidate is one who:
- Is Action Oriented:
- Motivated by results
- Full of energy when faced with challenges
- Able to make and implement tough decisions
- “Proactive” as opposed to “reactive”
- Deals with Ambiguity:
- Can be flexible and adaptable in a complex, changing environment
- Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Works Collaboratively:
- Practices attentive and active listening
- Has the patience to hear people out and to search for constructive input
- Exemplifies Interpersonal Savvy and Integrity:
- Relates well to all kinds of people—both inside and outside the company
- Builds constructive and effective relationships
- Uses diplomacy and tact
- Adheres to an appropriate set of core values and beliefs
- Always acts with uncompromising integrity
We offer a competitive compensation package including health insurance, stock options and a challenging work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.